Sima's Blog

tales from the life of a nomadic cyclist

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Red Neck Girl!

Now that I an avid partaker of dance lessons (see belly dancing post), I talked Shane into going down town and trying out some line dancing lessons...purely for shits and giggles.
And I am up for any opportunity to put on some tight jeans and a cow girl shirt. There were ~30 people, and only 3 were men (including Shane-the total eye candy for the ladies), the rest were all cow girls, and cow ladies.

The age range of the dancers were from 30-85 years, with the average somewhere around 50. Shane and I figured we'd catch on pretty quick. Not so much...we kept turning the wrong way, stepping the wrong way, and running over our neighbors. Then they decided to teach us a really easy dance: just walk in place and kick one leg out every 3 or 4 steps, then turn! This one I was abel to master, it was called the Red Neck Girl!

There's a line dancing workshop in town this weekend... oh, I'll be out of town! Well, maybe next time I'll try some Salsa dancing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"redneck girl's got her name on the back of her belt" (words from the song.) you'll have to get a big belt buckle with a buckin' bronco or a bull to go with your belt with SIMA on the back. Cowgirl would be fun for your next life. talk to you soon.

jose

12:24 AM  
Blogger Sima said...

I forgot my sweet cowgirl hat. maybe next life time...or next weds.

have fun in Disney Land.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home